Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.IE.title
Frady1

@MiCal1967

Two seperate feeds to two different tuners, RF/Satellite.

I very much appreciate your help.

Satellite is fed from a quad lnb which also feeds an LG which is older but isn't blurry.

profile.country.IE.title
Frady1

@Anonymous

I now have my KDL43W755C nearly three months.

I live in Ireland and a satellite tuner plus a recording facility were the main reasons I bought this TV.

Most reviews commented on how good a picture the Sony has.

I've been disappointed with the picture tbh, just wondering is it my set.

It has a lot of ghousting/blur.

We finally got the HDD up and running last week with the latest update.

Unless I'm missing something you can't set the recorder manually.

For example if I'm out on a Saturday night and I want to record the football on Channel 5 at 9 and MOTD on BBC1 at 10.30 I can't do it.

We use the Free to Air satellite to view the UK channels here, the main reazon I bought this TV.

With the 'now and next' on the FTA you need a timer facility to record.

Also you can't watch the local Irish channels (which are fed from an aerial) while recording from the satellite and vice versa.

These two points are very basic needs when recording.

I also have in another room an LG TV and a Walker digi box both of which do these things very well.

Surely Sony will have to sort out these basic things.

Any help welcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Frady1

Ghosting/blur - you will need to experiment with the picture settings - have a look at the motionflow settings.  Need more information though.  Is the blur on fast moving pictures or stationary ones? Could you post a photo?

Satellite Tuner - my first though was that you do not have a DVB-S/S2 tuner, as acording to this HERE it doesnt mention it.  But i have seen it on another spec document :slight_smile:  Anyway, the EPG is only a basic one for Satellite - hence the 'now/next'. 

Ive not actually looked into a manual timer recording - i assume you could.  Ill see if i can test this and get back to you, unless another forum member can confirm or deny?  

In regards to recording from one tuner and watching another - i do not think this is supported.  See HERE

"2K models: Allowing you to record live broadcasting, while still enjoying content from other inputs such as Blu-ray Discs, online streaming services and Internet browsing."

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
avincett
Explorer

Setting up a manual recording can be done  - just well hidden. Use the Program Guide App, go to Timer List and then there is a Manual Timer Rec ICON at the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @avincett :slight_smile:

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous

Hi there

Yes there is a manual timer recording for satellite.Today did my first 4K recording from satellite. Started it manually for 30 minutes, then when pressed stop I had an option of changing recording time or stop. Changed to one hour. Final file size was about 12Gbytes.

By that time, I could watch another DVB-T channel without interrupting reconding from satellite

profile.country.IE.title
Frady1

@Anonymous @MiCal1967

Thanks for your reply and your help on this forum.

The manual recording (especially on SATELLITE) is the issue, like I say I can't record something the following morning for example like the delayed Match of the Day or The Morning Line.

I've been dealing with 'free to air' for years and fully understand the 'now and next' which is fine and I don't have a problem with that.

OK, I see the latest reply.

I've gone to 'Guide'  and there are no options to do anything, ie. 'Timer List'.

Is the 'programme guide app' different to 'guide' on the remote?

Ireland may be different from the UK.

I've played with the settings for 3 months regarding the picture.

Every motionflow setting, the lot.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I thought the description of the recording facility said it wouldn't work for satellite recordings? I thought it only worked with freeview not Freesat. Is that wrong?

profile.country.IE.title
Frady1

@Anonymous@MiCal1967

Found 'Programme Guide App'.

Excellent and thanks.

Now for the BLUR, BLUR, BLUR.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Garymjh

Hi

No it says:

4K models (equipped with Twin Tuner): Allowing you to record one channel while watching another or still enjoy content from other inputs such as Blu-ray Discs, online streaming services and Internet browsing.

It works for my KD55X8508C

What does not work for me is Picture in Picture (PC connected via HDMI). It works only as Picture and Picture for all combinations