Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
rab1973
Explorer

I got a 7 year warranty with mine, glasses worth £120,and even a wall
bracket. One less in the shop me thinks. It was crap when I bought it,and
it's still crap after all the updates (hence the discounts)

Sent via Galaxy S5
profile.country.GB.title
Batemansxxxb
Explorer

I don"t have a problem with wifi, but recently getting poor response from the remote control intermittently & having to pull the power cord to reboot, today I was scrolling through the you view TV guide when it froze, making the remote unresponsive except to put the set into standby, then it would not power on again,so had to power down by pulling the power cord from the set & wait 30 sec before powering up again,I'm getting a bit sick of this

Albertf47
Explorer

Try a factory reset. It genuinely changed my TV. Everything is a lot better so far. 

profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

All apps can be downloded to a sd card and insert in your usb slot open ES explorer and all BBC RTE 3Player ITV Ch4 5Demand work flawlessly with a VPN if abroad.

frankie1g

The saving grace for this TV has been the panel but 2 night's ago the screen looks washed out with a visable light bleed fromtboths sides its visavle in all viewing situations any clues if this is a software setting problem or a start of a hardware fail

Sent from my Samsung device
Djnads
Explorer

I have the exact same problem, a washed out look to the picture. I thought it was my eyesight but I wonder how many others are experiencing the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone
NickCo1979

So after managing to get rid of my TV via ebay because of all the issues I'm now stuck back with it. It was either take it back or have various bits of me broken by the incredibly irate purchaser who has had enough of it.

Just under a year after buying it for almost £1300 I'm now stuck with a useless piece of junk that I can't return because Sony refuse to accept it back and I can't sell on because no-one in their right mind would buy it if they knew the issues 😞

It's back in the box in the loft. I'll give it a year to see if Sony fix the issues and then probably just chuck it. The replacement Samsung I bought at the time I got rid has been a joyous purchase by comparison.

Gutted and now skint thanks to Sony.

oodles2do

@NickCo1979

I'm sorry to hear all the pain this TV has put you through! I cannot believe that Sony won't take it back, despite a significant number of them going back. It's such a shame and I'm staggered that something costing £1,300 will probably end up in the bin due to poor implementation of software. Imagine buying a MacBook and just binning it, there's no way Apple would allow a customer to be so dissatisfied that they'll bin their purchase.

Maybe offer it incredibly cheap? Or give it to a good cause or something? ( Although you'd probably be doing them more of a hassle than a favour).

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I had that and a simple restart solved it.
frankie1g

Could you solve it

Sent from my Samsung device