Join now - be part of our community!

Wlan on Vaio VGC-LT1M

andynickname
Visitor

Wlan on Vaio VGC-LT1M

Every now and then I lose the wireless capability on my Vaio VGC-LT1M. It seem to totally disappear. The hardware does not show up in the hardware lists. in networking, there is no option or any suggestion that there is a wireless capability.
All this is despite the fact that for the last 2 to 3 months it has worked fine. This happen before and it came back itself. But it is bloddy annoying, whats the point of having wireless if you can't rely on it.
By the way , the switch is set to on and the Wlan led is on. Sony Vaio Smart Network again did show Wlan as an option upto this morning, now it only shows LAN and Modem as options to select.
anyone or perhaps Sony!! have a solution.. Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
s786999k
Visitor

I have a similar problem with the Sony LT1S see http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=53311&lastpage=yes

Sony have said they will pick it up and try to sort it however they sort of said if they can't replicate the problem there will be a charge.

I get two problems

1. after the computer goes into the sleep mode the remote control wont work

2. sometimes after the sleep mode or if I leave it running the WIFI dissapears, even goes away in the device manager.

What I done was I left the pc running until the problem occured and did a print screen so I would have proof of the problem...

Heres my screen shots: