Join now - be part of our community!

Sony LA3 wireless keeps going off

s786999k
Visitor

Sony LA3 wireless keeps going off

I've only had my LA3 for a short while and hardly used it but I seem to keep getting one problem after another...

The latest problem I'm noticing is the wireless internet connection goes off it self, usually this happened when the computer gets up after it goes into sleep mode but now if im working on it for a few hours it also occurs.

When I try to diagnose it it says there is no hardware present and when checking the devise manager, the lan-Express AS IEEE 802.11g PCI-E Adapter doesn't show up in the list.

If I restart the pc the problem is still there but if I shut down and then switch the pc back on my wireless connection is coming back.

Below is a picture showing the adapter in the device manager when the wireless is working and this is what dissapears from the list when it goes off.

Its quite frustrating becuase so far every problem I've encoutered and I phone sony support they just seem to tell me to recover the pc and I've already done this once for another problem which still isn't solved and I really don't want to have to spend another day reinstalling all my software etc. :slight_frown:

Ive tried updating the driver software through device manager but it determines the driver is up to date...

Has any one else had this problem or got any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
mervinsx
Visitor

i am having the same issue as you just described in detail on my all-in-one desktop VGC-LM1E.
it got so frustrating, i downgraded my machine from vista to xp and wi-fi works brilliantly but with no webcam and tv tuner. so decided to go back to vista, tried recovery disc and not working...tried built-in hard drive recover and not working. sony tells me, it should work!
i spent my money to get a brick which the manufacturer believes should work the way they design, but actually it doesn't. very frustrated.
have u managed to sort this issue out at all?

carloscerros
Visitor

Hi,

It is known by Sony that LA3 had in some cases "parity error" issues and is related with Wifi problems as you are describing.

Is this issue happening from 1st day?

If yes do a full recovery from hidden partition but keep in mind it will format everything and let your computer in factory settings. If issue persists after doing this: contact tech sup or try to exchange your computer @ your computer local distributor.

KR.

s786999k
Visitor

Sorry I wrote the original post, however my pc is the LT1S and not the LA3, I was originally after the LA3 but waited for the LT1S as I was told that was the best one in the range, so got mixed up.

OK now for the update, I phoned sony up they made me do multiple system restores but nothing worked and I really didnt want to do a complete restore and lose everything I had installed. They made me try loads of other things but nothing worked so I am booked in for them to pick it up and to sort it out. In the meantime my trusted PCV-W1 decided to stop working so Im in the process of sorting that out first before I send this one back so Im not computerless!