Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2M DVD WRITE PROBLEM! HELP!!

anna17
Visitor

VGC-V2M DVD WRITE PROBLEM! HELP!!

:cry: I've had my VGC-V2M for a year now and have never really had any problems, Sony's e-support seems to be non existent as I cant seem to register or log on. My pc has a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-k141 cd/dvd writer. When I try to write/transfer an avi file or something similar to a dvd-r that is + or - I get a error box that states 'windows has encountered a problem trying to copy this file. What would you like windows to do?'
Ummm? Like, copy the file damnit! :angry: and it then gives me the option to retry or cancel. Retrying is useless as it will just state the same message. But if I write music files to a cd-r that is easy as pie. It does it!
And sometimes when I do try it again I get a Dr watson thing telling me that 'Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'
For the love of god please help me. I dont know what to do. :cry:

14 REPLIES 14
Exinferis
Visitor

Hi,

Don't know if you've seen my thread regarding my DVR-K14L drive not seeing blank discs?

Well, after all my trying to fix it with various methods, it seems that a Bios update from Vaio-Link did the trick. Don't know if this'll work in your case, but you've got more-or-less the same drive and a similar problem to mine, so it might be worth a try...

Exinferis
Visitor

Just had another thought whilst reviewing this thread; I see you uninstalled and reinstalled the drive, but did you try the same with the IDE ATA/ATAPI conrollers?

If you go to control panel - system - hardware - device manager - IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. You should see primary and secondary channels. Right click and drop down to "uninstall" click on uninstall and then restart the computer. The computer should detect and re-install on startup...

(I did actually get the above info from a chap on another forum, so if it works for you, thank him! :wink: )

Good luck!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Know it might sound simple, but did you try to reinstall Drag n Drop?

anna17
Visitor

I drag and drop the files with windows. So I dont think you can uninstall that. But thanks for trying to help.
Exinferis - I'll try the update as well as the IDE ATA/ATAPI conrollers. Thanks.:smileybatting_eyelashes:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

:thinking: If it's drag n drop then yes it can be uninstalled