Join now - be part of our community!

Help to enhance Ram fs315m!!

Marco80
Visitor

Help to enhance Ram fs315m!!

I have got a Vaio FS315M. I want to increase its RAM memory from 512 to 1024. does anyone know whether I just need to buy a 512 module or I need to buy one giga due to the lack of slots? (this way I would have 1256 memory overall). In fact, I think that there are just two slots available containing a 256 module each. Therefore I cannot buy just one 512 module and insert it since there is no empty slot available.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I believe you are correct that there are only two slots. the FS315M comes with 1 x 512 DDR2-400 SDRAM (PC2-3200) therefore to increase to 1024 ram you will need to buy just one new 512 mb Ram

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Your VAIO can handle up to 2048MB Ram. You could replace a 256MB module with a 512MB one. The problem is that this could reduce speed. 2 times 512MB would be a better choice in my opinion.

Or just an full upgrade to max. Ram. It's up to you. And that what you. 1GB is a good size for most of us. 2GB if play with video-editors like Adobe Premiere or photo-editing with Adobe Photoshop.

Take a look at http://www.crucial.com/ . They have good prices. Just read the FAQ too.

The 2 GB kit would cost approx 210€.
The 1GB kit nearly the half.

HTH