Join now - be part of our community!

UK case for pocket Vaio..!

JezzaB
Visitor

UK case for pocket Vaio..!

I was amazed to find that Selfridges in Manchester were selling pocket Vaio cases made by Sony this weekend!

£9.95 in black and they are well made.

I've got the 40GB model and it fits a treat!

There were no markings on the packaging indicating 40GB or 20GB so I expect it fits both models.

PS I had the last one that was out on the rack...

7 REPLIES 7
diverse
Visitor

Slip case or case allowing access to player?

Concession or Selfridges hi-fi?

ivan-d
Visitor

any possibility to post a picture? :smileygrin:

JezzaB
Visitor

It's just a slip case with velcro flap so no access. But for £10 it's very well made and will protect from scratches etc whilst in pocket or bag and travelling. It's very quick n easy to insert and remove.

It was from Selfridges the department store in the section they sell electronics.

Sorry, I've not a picture of it or camera to hand.

diverse
Visitor

last question, what type of packaging? It was displayed as a VAIO case or just Sony.....???

kadafi
Visitor

pdair shop will do a hand-made pure leather case for you (black with white sewing), it is custom made for the vaio pocket and looks amazing.

Oh, it also allows full access to the touch-pad and all ports, and ships with a detached belt clip.

It looks amazing and professional!

The link:

http://www.pdairshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=224http://www.pdairshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=224

The catch? they'll only make you one for the 20GB model. It takes around 3 days to arrive (UK), and ships for £24.62.

They'll also ship world-wide

diverse
Visitor

You have to remove PDAIR case if you want to charge or dock though!

And as you said IT AINT FOR THE 40GB UNIT!

kadafi
Visitor

You have to remove PDAIR case if you want to charge or dock though!

And as you said IT AINT FOR THE 40GB UNIT!

:thinking:

I'd assumed all docks ever made will require the naked equipment so opposed to one in a jacket or case?

It's hard to imagine a vaio-pocket that'll fit into the dock while it's in a case, whether velcro or leather.

JezzaB can prove me wrong though, that is if his one fits the dock while its encased

:devil: