Join now - be part of our community!

K315Z - problems starting up windows

Visitor

K315Z - problems starting up windows

I bought my new latop 21 November and keep having problems starting windows. I phoned customer support for help and they suggested doing a complete recovery, which I did. Everything worked fine for 2 days and tonight I couldn't get the computer to start. Does anyone have this problem??? I have tried to create an e-support account but it keeps saying my email address is not found in their database, so now I'm stuck. I'm a bit disappointed, I didn't want to be one of those unlucky ones who gets stuck with a computer with problems. I would be grateful for any suggestions, but not too technical please.:smileycry:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

You will have to give us more detailed information about what fails when you try to start the computer. Give details of any error messages.

E-support is poor - don't rely on it. If you want to get action from Sony then the best way is to telephone them.

Visitor

The error I get is very long. It is in a blue screen and goes like this:-
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.
Technical information
***STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE17FEF7B, 0X00000001, 0X8054B907, 0X00000001)
I hsaven't installed anything yet.

TygerTyger
Visitor

I think I can help you here. The reason eSupport doesn't work is because Sony doesn't give a Japanese <profanity removed by moderator> about post-sales online support. I'm sick to death of hearing that eSupport doesn't work. Don't worry it's not your fault, I'm just fed up of it not working properly.

As for the page fault error, I had this same error on my K115s and it turned out that the graphics drivers Sony ship with that laptop and no doubt many others is faulty. When I used a different and more recent driver, the problem disappeared. Please note that Sony don't bother to give you any different or more recent drivers, if you browse the notebook section of the forum far enough back, you will come across a post started by either Woody or TygerTyger regarding this issue. Follow the instructions therein.

kee-lo_

Hehe same here Tyger, it's a real pain.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Oops that was a little harsh sorry. TM Vodka.

kee-lo_

Hehe you made some corkers last night TT

Visitor

Thanks for your advice. I have contacted customer support again and they will be taking my laptop in to run tests on it. Of course this will be after Christmas.