Join now - be part of our community!

Strange noises while playing music and screen freezes

profile.country.hu_HU.title
Teemeah
Visitor

Strange noises while playing music and screen freezes

Hi Everyone. Lately I'm experiencing strange noises from the speaker when playing music. It's like static noise - the music stops, this noise appears and the screen freezes for a while (while the noise is on). When I move the mouse, the noise disappears. When it lasts longer, the monitor driver (ATI) gives a message that it crashed and then got restored.

At first I thought it was the windows media player that causes it and switched to Winamp, but the problem persists and now it happens more and more often, like every two minute if I play music! Interestingly enough, if I play a video file or watch youtube, it does not happen.

The VAIO type is VPCEB1S1E with 64 bit Windows 7 and Realtek audio. The system tells me I have the latest drivers and codecs installed and I run the Vaio updater frequently. I'm absolutely clueless! Does anyone have any idea what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
LupusB
New

I have the same sound stutter problem with my Sony VAIO VPCS13V9E Windows 7 64.

Happening after some minutes playback of Music or Videos.

A short but terrible DRRRRRRRRRRRRRR than coming from time to time screen also shortly freezes.

A shame for an 1000 Euro Sony Laptop.

I've updated al drivers I found Intel, Nvidia-Grafik, Realtek HD Sound.

Trying for days now nothing helps.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Vaiogone
Visitor

Hi guys,

Any luck with this? I'm using a new VPCEH series and having the same problem. It's nothing really major, just annoying at certain points when I'm watching a film listening to music, so would quite like to see what the issue is.

I assumed it was just too much CPU usage at once, but it's happened when I've been using nothing other than the Media player, and I've currently got about twenty different windows open, three programmes running and a virus check going on, and the music is absolutely fine..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

profile.country.da_DK.title
jamezni
Visitor

I have the same issue for more than a year now. Any luck solving it?
This is really starting to irritate me, and Sony Support is no help at all (Contacted them 3 times about this subject).