Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCEB3J0E/WI Bright Screen, Slow Mouse Cursor

profile.country.en_GB.title
AD_Graphix
Visitor

Sony Vaio VPCEB3J0E/WI Bright Screen, Slow Mouse Cursor

Hi everyone,

The problem I am having with my laptop is now when I switch it on, when I come to use it the screen is very bright, it is either a pale grey or too bright.  The mouse cursor moves very slow and I have to put a bit more pressure on the touchpad to move the cursor.  I have tried to use the intel graphic settings to tone down the brightness, saturation and contrast to no avail.  I have used the FN and brightness keys which does not work.  I have also gone into projection mode and turned it off and on.  The only way that I can use the laptop as normal is if I use my TV as a second monitor, that is the only way in which everything functions as usual.

I have downloaded the drivers to no avail.  Can someone pleaseeeeeee help me, as my worst fear is that I may have to take the laptop to get the screen repaired.

Kind regards and thank you in advance for any help I can get.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Try to boot to safe mode and check if it's still the same display. If it's different, there might be a software installed here that's causing you problems.

Try to do a system restore to an earlier date, this is not an OS reload. Hope this helps. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif