Join now - be part of our community!

Sony sve1712z1eb internal microphone problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
adiphia
Visitor

Sony sve1712z1eb internal microphone problem

Recently I found there is no internal camera mic on my sve1712z1eb laptop. The only device listed under sound recording is "Realtek High Definition Audio" which never worked (I guess it requires a mic to plug into the jack). The whole system is reseted to its original but still no luck. There is no error inside device manager, can anyone confirm is there an internal built in mic for this model and what brand is it?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi adiphia.

Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording Tab.

Have you tried right-clicking on the Realtek Recording Device and checking the recording level is not set to zero (microphone muted)?

If the microphone does not show in the 'Recording' window, right-click anywhere inside the window and make sure 'Show Disabled Devices' is checked. You can then enable any hidden device.

I think all Vaio laptops have an internal microphone these days.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
adiphia
Visitor

Microphone level is set to 100, device usage is enabled.

Both show disabled and disconnected devices was checked. The only device listed is "Realtek High Definition audio" Microphone.

Weird thing is when you click the properties of the "Realtek High Definition Audio", there is jack information relates to this microphone. So i am not sure if this device is the device which built inside the camera.

The device set to default and with a green tick below it.test.PNGtest2.PNGtest4.PNGtest5.PNG