Join now - be part of our community!

Problems running Quicktime - please can anyone help!

Narcissus
Visitor

Problems running Quicktime - please can anyone help!

Hello folks

I've just bought a VGC-V3S desktop and whilst it's all rather splendid my itunes and quicktime seem to be having a few problems - when I try to playback video the sound is completely warped.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but the same thing happens - whether I use videos in itunes or just quicktime online.

Anyone else had this problem or know a way of solving it?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Go to Quicktime's options and check you're using direct wave out rather than the other setting

Narcissus
Visitor

Hello

Thanks for trying to help. Do you mean selecting the "safe mode"? I've tried checking the wave out option after reading that suggestion on Apple's site but it makes no difference. I've also just completely uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and quicktime again (including deleting all the hidden folders) but the audio is still warped.

Any other suggestions you can think of?

Cheers.

kee-lo_

I didn't find anything on Google, but I'm sure the Apple forums will give you some more pointers

brakspear
Visitor

Hi,
I have just bought the VGC-V3S system and experienced EXACTLY the same problem. I was unable to resolve this with both Sony and Apple. I have however, found a workaround which works fine for me, find and install Apple Quicktime Version 4.1.2 (i know it's quite old) but this works fine with no sound distortion problems . Good luck.
Pete -Berkshire, UK

kee-lo_

Is it a RealTek soundcard?
Apparently they've released a new version and it's fixed some issues with Apple's Quicktime

CAM
Visitor

I had the same problem caused by the firewall ,It was solved after looking on the Quicktime sight. By Changing the Streaming Settings by clicking (on the top bar) Edit & then Quick Time Preferances,Then the Advanced tab,In streaming Transport Setup: change to Custom and in the popup box change Transport Protocol to HTTP insead of UDP Click OK, then Apply & OK . I now have a clear sound & pictures!
:slight_smile:

burnett
Visitor

I've found a solution, It works for me. In the audio preferences of quicktime change the frequency to 32 or 64KHz.

Pascal

Narcissus
Visitor

Hi Guys

I have found the solution! I spent an hour on the phone with an Apple help line and they had no idea and I spent half an hour on the phone with Sony who also had no idea.

hOWEVER, Bundled with my new desktop came Sony's own Sonic graphic equalizer (a small icon on the bottom right menu in the shape of a keyboard button). I had originally tried turning it off and it made no difference - all you actually need to do to resolve this audio problem is right click on the icon and select "exit". It seems Sony's audio software conflicts with Apple's quicktime so all you need to do to enjoy quicktime is exit the equaliser.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.