Join now - be part of our community!

icons missing...

davidb55
Visitor

icons missing...

I have a VGN-T1XP.

A couple of days ago I noticed that the icons on the taskbar for power management and WiFi have disappeared. I can access power management via the control panel, but whatever I do with the advanced option to display the icon on the taskbar, it does not appear....

I am not sure what to do next. Should I reinstall the applet? If so how? I presume there is a copy in the data that is preinstalled on the hard disk, but I don't know where to look.....

Thanks for any advice/suggestions/help.

David B.

2 REPLIES 2
carthorian
Visitor

You are sure they aren't 'hidden'. You can check this by clicking on the small arrow in front of your icons on the bottom right of your screen.

S.E.M.
Visitor

Another suggestion:
I have a german windows version, so my explanation may not be the best, but if you - for example - right-click on the task bar where the time is shown (right corner) and then click the third line from top (german: "Infobereich anpassen..."), you can specify for every symbol if it should be shown.
As far as I could find out these settings work independent from what you tried, so that even active icons can be disabled. My icon for power-management also disappeared on its own, but I managed to find it again this way.
For the WLAN/Bluetooth-Switcher-icon I had to try harder: I set this to "show even if inactive". In addition I needed to enable Wlan, put the switch on my computer on and then restart the computer.