Join now - be part of our community!

pcg-fx401fn key f5 (brightness) does not work

jifster
Visitor

pcg-fx401fn key f5 (brightness) does not work

Hi again,

Does anyone know why my brightness control would not work, the other fn keys seem to. I could not find a hotkey driver in the driver section. F3 & F4 fn keys work, mute and volume just not F5 brightness.

The laptop is new just old stock recently purchased running windows xp home with 512mb of ram.

I love these vaio's, in fact I gave a compaq away to my girlfriend even though it was very modern rather than give her my 5 year old vaio, that says something for the quality. :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
carthorian
Visitor

If the f5 and f6 key doesn't work for brightness, and it's not a software problem you'll have to adjust in manually in your configuration settings. I don't assume this is a problem as it's unlikely someone changes it that often.

Good luck and Merry Christmas

jifster
Visitor

If the f5 and f6 key doesn't work for brightness, and it's not a software problem you'll have to adjust in manually in your configuration settings. I don't assume this is a problem as it's unlikely someone changes it that often.

Good luck and Merry Christmas

Thanks for your help. Can you remind me where to change the brightness in windows xp if you know? I can't find it but i'm quite new to xp as I usually only ever use win2k.

Merry Christmas

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

From Sony KB:

Solution 30300
Description:
The screen contrast of my FX series VAIO is not correct and I cannot use the FN keys to modify brightness settings.
Solution:
1.Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
2.Double-click the Display icon.
3.Select the Settings tab.
4.Click Advanced and select Intel(R) Graphics Technology.
5.Click Graphic Properties and select the Color tab.
6.Click Restore Defaults to set the correct contrast.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jifster
Visitor

From Sony KB:

Solution 30300
Description:
The screen contrast of my FX series VAIO is not correct and I cannot use the FN keys to modify brightness settings.
Solution:
1.Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
2.Double-click the Display icon.
3.Select the Settings tab.
4.Click Advanced and select Intel(R) Graphics Technology.
5.Click Graphic Properties and select the Color tab.
6.Click Restore Defaults to set the correct contrast.

Thats great thanks for the info. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: