Join now - be part of our community!

Help with recovery

biggie944
Visitor

Help with recovery

Hi i have a A417m laptop and not so long ago it crashed so i gave it to a freind and he reinstalled windows, which wiped my hard drive hence i lost the recovery utility or so i thought but there is about 7gb on my hard drive that is hidden is it pssible that it is in this if so how can i access it please help.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi biggie944,

welcome tot the Forum

Press F10 repeatedly when you first turn on your computer this should allow you to access the recovery program :slight_smile:

biggie944
Visitor

Thanks i tried that but nothing happened.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Take a look here, your system does not list the recovery utilitiy but it does list Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

biggie944
Visitor

Thanks do u know of anywhere i can download the recovery utility from or even buy some recovery discs from as apparently sony dont sell them.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

This link may help you further

Link

Did you check ealier link for Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities

biggie944
Visitor

Tanks for the link i downloaded and installed these when windows was installed ,the reason why i am after the recovery software is to install the original sony platform and all its software.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The recovery ulitlity is not listed for your laptop however the application is listed for other models

Have a look in the Select Models drop down list, there is reference to the program their but as I said it is not listed for your model. :thinking: