Join now - be part of our community!

not a happy customer vaio died

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
steverson
Visitor

not a happy customer vaio died

I have a Vaio that's 1 year old not used very much now when I try to turn it on it tells me operating system not found and that there is a hardrive problem tried emailing Sony loads of times on this site and Facebook pages but never get a reply not what I expect from a brand that's supposed to be the best looks like im going to have to get an computer shop to fix it a bill Sony for it under the sale of goods act most of my household electronics are Sony made so after this with my laptop I think I will be replacing the lot with a brand that helps its customers not just take there money and ignore them if there's a problem

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi steverson and welcome.

Have you actually spoken to Vaio Support? To contact Vaio Support go here and click on Vaio and Computing. You will then need to enter your Vaio's Serial Number to be offered contact options.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

The support website is not the easiest to navigate but it is important to speak to the official Vaio Support Team.

If your Vaio is still within warranty, talk to Sony before getting it repaired as they will probably agree to help.

I doubt if the Sale of Goods Act will apply here as the hard drive has worked OK for a year without a problem - so it is difficult to prove the fault was there when you bought it. Most hard drive problems are caused by a jolt or knock to the PC while the disc is writing.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi steverson and welcome.

Have you actually spoken to Vaio Support? To contact Vaio Support go here and click on Vaio and Computing. You will then need to enter your Vaio's Serial Number to be offered contact options.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

The support website is not the easiest to navigate but it is important to speak to the official Vaio Support Team.

If your Vaio is still within warranty, talk to Sony before getting it repaired as they will probably agree to help.

I doubt if the Sale of Goods Act will apply here as the hard drive has worked OK for a year without a problem - so it is difficult to prove the fault was there when you bought it. Most hard drive problems are caused by a jolt or knock to the PC while the disc is writing.

:thinking: