Join now - be part of our community!

New viao wont let me register with my serial no and wont update viao care either

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
artbyname
Visitor

New viao wont let me register with my serial no and wont update viao care either

Hi, just received my new viao laptop and I have 2 problems, the first being that it wont let me register the serial number, keeps telling me I have an invalid number, yet its the number on the bottom of the notebook, it is also the same as the one that comes up in the vaio software. The second problem is it keeps telling me to update Vaio Care, when I go to do it, it just stops updating or doesnt even bother to update. The Viao Care version number that it running on my laptop is 8.0.0.08150. Can anyone help with either of these problems. I phoned sony on their order number as due to it not recognising my serial number I cannot get to speak to anyone on the tech support side, which is stupid. I was told someone would phone me back today, but guess what not a phonecall. Which is extremely anoying as I cant phone them! If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks Ann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ann,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Yes there have been a couple of threads about problems with Vaio serial numbers..

As you can see from this thread - Serial Numbers not Validated it's been highlighted to Sony so hopefully the issue should be resolved soon..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ann,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Yes there have been a couple of threads about problems with Vaio serial numbers..

As you can see from this thread - Serial Numbers not Validated it's been highlighted to Sony so hopefully the issue should be resolved soon..

profile.country.en_GB.title
artbyname
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Do you know if I am running the up to date version of viao care I have version 8.0.0.08150?  Look forward to getting some help from sony at some point in the near future re my serial number.  Ann

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

artbyname wrote:

Hi Thalamus

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Do you know if I am running the up to date version of viao care I have version 8.0.0.08150? 

If you are still noticing a problem with Vaio care could you let us know what model Vaio you have please.?

artbyname wrote:

Look forward to getting some help from sony at some point in the near future re my serial number.  Ann

The problem of Vaio's serial numbers not validating correctly has been resolved..:smileythumbsup:

On the off chance that you still notices a problem then please let us know..