Join now - be part of our community!

FS315M

Enigmatic
Visitor

FS315M

Hey folks,

I`m looking to install an extra 512Mb SODIMM into my VAIO to increase performance but I`m not sure if there is a free slot avaliable. Does anybody kow how many RAM slots this notebook has ?

Also, am I correct in saying it uses PC3200 DDR2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Enigmatic,

Welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

Your system i think has 2 x 256mb DDR2-SDRAM installed.

The maximum memory I beleive you can install is 2048 mb

take a look at Crucial.com

Eugenepang
Visitor

Hey folks, 

I`m looking to install an extra 512Mb SODIMM into my VAIO to increase performance but I`m not sure if there is a free slot avaliable. Does anybody kow how many RAM slots this notebook has ?

Also, am I correct in saying it uses PC3200 DDR2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

try this site www.crucial.com

Enigmatic
Visitor

I know i can get the RAM for the Notebook, what I`m not sure about is if there is a spare SODIMM slot to upgrade from 512MB to 1024MB.

Does anyone know where I can find out if there is a spare SODIMM slot or can anyone tell me without me having to open the back of my notebook?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

In the PDF manual it usually shows you where both slots are, usually one is under the keyboard

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Either visit Crucial.com and use their system analyser or download Everest Home Edition . Either will give you the required information.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
greglt
Visitor

The FS315M has ONE 512MB module in it. To double check just unscrew the one screw directly under the slide to open the laptop on the base. Alternatively it should say on the sticker to the left of the mousepad. Hope this helps

madhatter2426
Visitor

mine has a sticker on the case saying memory 1X512. just put another 512in it. Much faster now.

happy new year