Join now - be part of our community!

nvidia drivers

tdw197
Visitor

nvidia drivers

I have just bought a vgn fs285H with a nvidia 6200 graphics card. I am trying to install the latest drivers, and following the instructions, first i uninstall and restart the computer. But before i can install the new drivers the add new hardware wizard reinstalls the old drivers.
Can anyne help

23 REPLIES 23
carthorian
Visitor

Just download the newest drivers from the nvidia website and run the .exe file. If the .exe file contains newer drivers they will overwrite the old ones.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Just download the newest drivers from the nvidia website and run the .exe file. If the .exe file contains newer drivers they will overwrite the old ones.

That works? I thought drivers for mobile chips are happen to the manufacturer. And that is Sony.

carthorian
Visitor

The mobile chips are designed so they will use less energy. The manufacturer buys the chip from Intel and places it on a card (or motherboard). And lately most drivers are downloaded in a bundled pack. So it automaticly selects the right one.

William
Visitor

Please see HERE before you proceed. :wink:

tdw197
Visitor

have tried running .exe, but it won't work without uninstalling the old drivers.
the drivers i have are 7x.xx, and the latest are 81.98, so an update is definitely needed

William
Visitor

Please see HERE before you proceed. :wink:

According to the above I don't think they will install anyway because they are not intended for laptops especially those not on the list and Sony isn't. .:smileysad:

What problem are you currently experiencing?

tdw197
Visitor

I have managed to do it. If any1 is interested see:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33
and the FAQ on the same site

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Sounds a bit senseless to me. Because the inf contains the driver.
But maybe I'm wrong there.

William
Visitor

The whole point of the post is senseless.

No explanation or reference to any particular problem and the bottom line is Desktop drivers are not intended to be installed on Laptops.

Nvidia explain why on their website.

Desktop graphics cards will always have better cooling than their Laptop counterparts.