Join now - be part of our community!

PCV W2 - How can I disable the inbuilt keyboard?

unicorn
Visitor

PCV W2 - How can I disable the inbuilt keyboard?

My inbuilt keyboard no longer functions after a liquid spillage. Have added a logitech wireless keyboard quite successfully. Except sometimes the inbuilt keyboard takes over and beeps incessantly or takes over the keystrokes in a manic way!! Is there any way to disable it permanently??? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
babysmile
Visitor

hehehe. i got the same things incident as you.. pity on the integrated keyboard..

well because of the liquid, you have short circuit the keyboard causing crazy functions occurred on the built in keyboard.

First of all in order to disable the keyboard, you do really need special carefull as you need some screwdriver to open it.. ( which nobody will recommended unless you are technician or experts on DIY ). try to unscrew it if u see any holes from the keyboard section. Just the keyboard and not asking u to open all ur PC.. and remember this will void your warranty..

If u manage to unscrew out, then you should able to move the keyboard and back of it should have a cable connection . Then the problem is solved..

I didn't have this W2 but I have M1 which is quite da same. IF u need further information, maybe you can snap a photo on ur keyboard areas and i point out where to unscrew all da nuts .. hehe

remember : doing this will void ur warranty ..

unicorn
Visitor

There's some photos of the pc here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Vaio-PCV-W2-All-In-One-PC-TV-HiFi-DVD-Recorder_W0QQitemZ8734970132QQcateg...

I've tried to unscrew the keyboard, but it's not evident. Any help??

babysmile
Visitor

I'm sorry.. I can't see anything on that picture...

can't help u on tat unless u snap some real pictures what u have done it.. hehe..

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I bet the bidders were annoyed at that seller for cancelling!

unicorn
Visitor

Thanks guys. What with the keyboard gone ape and a wobbly fan (and everything being so INACCESSIBLE), I've decided to give up on my W2. It's now consigned to life as a glorified music player, and I've opted for a new notebook. Happy New Year!