Join now - be part of our community!

E-Support is a horror - so where can I buy recovery CDs for FX503

gabeljunge
Visitor

E-Support is a horror - so where can I buy recovery CDs for FX503

HI, I've have secondhand Vaio PCG-FX503 for about four months now after my boyfriend gave it to me after purchasing a desktop. Problem is, being the airhead he is, he's lost the recovery discs. Also the thing was riddled with viruses, so I had to wipe everything (trust me it would be quicker than repairing the virus damage..) resintall windows XP using another copy of the disc (though using the licence number of the laptop)

Now that the thing is running a lot more stable, I would like to try and get the computer running as should be, i.e the laptop software and accessories on board. I've spent all morning trying to get a proper response from e-support and to put it mildly its hellish trying to even get the registration verified and I don't have time to be on the phone all morning.

Want I want to know is, can you purchase recovery CDs direct from Sony, or is there any other place to buy them? Like I say it's not really the OS I'm after but the applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You cannot buy recovery disks from Sony unless:

1) it's for the same model
2) you have proof of purchase
3) you sign an agreement with Sony.