Join now - be part of our community!

dark spots on screen - Vaio s3xp

kstenson
Visitor

dark spots on screen - Vaio s3xp

Hi There, I'm expericaning dark spots on my screen, Also at some angles you can see white spots in the screen (not at the same places as dark spots). These are not on marks on the screen but seem to be under the screen.

Is this a faulty screen, do I need to get it repaired?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hello.

By the sounds of it the LCD screen itself is faulty. To be absolutely sure set up a blank white background (RGB = 255,255,255) so your LCD will throw out every colour possible.

Observe the screen and note if the dark spots still persist.

If these dark spots are like black spots on the screen (i.e. it looks like a misplaced full-stop on the screen) then this is called a faulty pixel (a pixel is a picture unit).

IF and only if it is a faulty pixel Sony employ a very strict pixel policy for LCD screens. If you can observe FIVE (5) or more of these faulty pixels either in a group or singly then the LCD panel will be replaced. Replacement is done free so long as you are within either your first years warranty or within the first two years of any extended warranty.

Anything less than 5 pixels will mean the screen is within normal manufacturing limits and Sony will not change it for you under guarantee.

In any event if you are unsure and feel your screen is faulty then please ring Sony VAIO-Link (Click here for the appropriate phone number for your country).

Typical turnaround times for VAIO-Link repairs do vary enormously from a week or so to around 6 weeks or more so be patient.

Ring them if you do not hear from them - this escalates your case.