Join now - be part of our community!

Cleaning an X-black LCD

ASH1982
Visitor

Cleaning an X-black LCD

I have searched the internet and apparently people clean there LCD's with a 50% solution of isopropyl alcohol and deionised water....

Does this hold true for the X-black LCD as well..... wasnt sure as it has allot more shine to it than a normal LCD

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Not sure on solution that you mentioned but Maplins sell a Screen cleaner that they say is TFT & LCD safe. Also leaves smear free finish. Web site states £3.99.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I had a BAD experience with Isopropyl alcohol on a screen - probably best you avoided that.

Whats even more cost effective and works a TREAT, is this.

Get some cheap dishcloths from your local Tesco supermarket (make sure they are the soft, fleecy, microfibre ones). Use a SPARING amount of water to moisten the cloth and rub this lightly using the flat of your hand against the screen, repeat this using a dry cloth to remove the water marks.

Repeat this as many times as necessary for a really shiny finish - costs me virtually nothing at all and keeps my screen looking really clean and shiny.

I do this about once each week (our house gets a little dusty).

Oh and never, EVER use polish lol - its a bugger to remove from an LCD screen as I found out with the old LCD screen I had in this VAIO lol before Sony replaced it LOL