Join now - be part of our community!

Clean Installation Model: PCG61611M

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Reds32uk
Visitor

Clean Installation Model: PCG61611M

MySony laptop model: PCG61611M hard drive failed recently. I installed a new hard drive but how do I reinstall windows 7 and Sony features that came with my laptop. I have all the serial numbers ect. Do I have to contact Sony directly or can I download it from Sony website?

I never recieved any CD's when I brought the laptop brand new.

PLEASE HELP ME, IT IS DRVING ME MAD...

Message was edited by: Reds32uk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Reds32uk,

Having fitted a new hard drive you will have lost the recovery utility that would have enabled you to either return your system to ‘AS DELIVERED’ or create your recovery media – you should have been prompted to create recovery disks on more than one occasion.

Recovery disks are not downloadable and if you want these you will have to purchase a set of recovery media disks from Support – cost is approx. £50 and can be ordered by calling the premium OOW number.

Alternatively install a retail copy of windows and then install all drivers and utilities from the support site – you will no longer have most of the pre-installed Sony software as this is not available for download.

You will need to establish the correct product number in order to download drivers and utilities as PCG61611M is a chassis reference – have a look on the screen surround or possibly a white sticker on the underside of the notebook.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Reds32uk,

Having fitted a new hard drive you will have lost the recovery utility that would have enabled you to either return your system to ‘AS DELIVERED’ or create your recovery media – you should have been prompted to create recovery disks on more than one occasion.

Recovery disks are not downloadable and if you want these you will have to purchase a set of recovery media disks from Support – cost is approx. £50 and can be ordered by calling the premium OOW number.

Alternatively install a retail copy of windows and then install all drivers and utilities from the support site – you will no longer have most of the pre-installed Sony software as this is not available for download.

You will need to establish the correct product number in order to download drivers and utilities as PCG61611M is a chassis reference – have a look on the screen surround or possibly a white sticker on the underside of the notebook.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Reds32uk
Visitor

Thank you Rich. I will order the disk.

Reds32uk
Visitor

How can I get the webcam to work. The drives are installed but there is no software download on desktop. I would like to download the software for it to work.

Thanks in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Reds32uk,

Did you establish the correct product number and have you recovered to factory settings using the recovery media supplied by Sony?

Given the correct product number we can hopefully determine whether any webcam capture software came pre-installed. If there is no capture software then the camera should still work with applications such as Skype or Live Messenger.

If no capture software came pre-installed then you will need to download a software utility such as ArcSoft Web Companion if you wish to use capture – first check whether this is already installed – Start All Programs > ArcSoft...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat