Join now - be part of our community!

Can't play blu ray discs

Environ
Visitor

Can't play blu ray discs

I just bought a VGN-AR61M, which supports Blu Ray. When I opened up InterVideo, the first thing I got was a message saying that the colour scheme had been changed to Windows Vista Basic (I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm posting it anyway). When the disc started to play, the image was all distorted and then I got a message saying that the software had stopped working and windows was searching for a solution. Naturally, there was no solution and I got a further message saying that Windows was closing the software and would contact me if a solution came available (yeah right).

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks,

John

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi John and welcome.

Difficult to be precise - what version of WinDVD BD do you have installed? We are waiting for a new version but the old one should still work.

The message about Vista Basic is normal - WinDVD BD turns off the Aero Interface of Vista.

:thinking:

Environ
Visitor

Hi John and welcome.

Difficult to be precise - what version of WinDVD BD do you have installed? We are waiting for a new version but the old one should still work.

The message about Vista Basic is normal - WinDVD BD turns off the Aero Interface of Vista.

:thinking:

Thanks for replying to me. It's version 8 as far as I know (there's no 'about' in the help menu, but when I go into set up there's a tab called 'information'. This is where it says version 8).

John

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi John,

In the information section of WinDVD does it state something like B08.425 under Version: after 8.0 DXVA .?

Environ
Visitor

Hi John,

In the information section of WinDVD does it state something like B08.425 under Version: after 8.0 DXVA .?

It says B09.253

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi John,

In that case there is an update for WinDVD BD available for your model.

Download WinDVD BD 8.0.9.301from the download page for your AR61M here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=3069

and follow the installation instructions. According to Sony: -

InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO Version 8.0.9.301 Update Program

This update program improves Blu-ray playback compatibility for some discs.

:wink:

Environ
Visitor

Thanks very much. I'll try the download and see what happens.

John

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

I am running version 08.425 and I sometimes get that same error. I just let the progeamme close then try again. It usually works 2nd time for me.

Environ
Visitor

The update worked. I just wanted to say thanks for the help.

John