Join now - be part of our community!

TV on/off KD-55XE7073

profile.country.GB.title
BrokenTeleGuy
Explorer

TV on/off KD-55XE7073

Hi

First time poster looking for some help with my Sony TV - KD-55XE7073.

For the last few days it’s been intermittently turning off and on - with this becoming more frequent.  It’s now turning off and on every few second.  

I’ve tried:

1. Unplugging it and then putting it back on after a few minutes.

2. Factory reset (couldn’t do this now) 

3. Hard reset 

4. Unplugging all HDMI cables

5. Checking for updates 

6. Batteries out the remote

7. Different sockets

Not a clue what is causing it. Any advice would be appreciated - as a new TV is not within current budgets. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

As you have tried using different power sockets for your TV it could possibly be the power supply

adapter for the TV. Don't suppose you know someone with the same TV that you could borrow the

power supply adapter to eliminate that from your troubleshooting. Must be a similar Sony TV power

adapter don't try one from another Sony TV or other TV manufacturer.

If you do narrow it down to the power adapter then try searching online for a replacement,

this is one I came across, no idea of how reliable it may be,

https://chargershunt.co.uk/product/19-5v-power-supply-adapter-for-sony-tv-kd-55xe7073-85-136/

If it is not the power adapter then it is more than likely the TV itself.

I think XE models were 2017, so it is most probably out of its 5 year warranty.

Do you know when you bought it and where.

If Richer Sounds you would have had a 6 year warranty.

You may be the victim of 'hey I'm just out of warranty, time to break down'

If it is out of warranty then a repair maybe expensive and not worth it compared to buying a new TV.

As it is close to Christmas perhaps Santa could get involved.

profile.country.GB.title
BrokenTeleGuy
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion & the link. My TV doesn’t have a power adapter and isn’t able to be disconnected.  I’m UK so I don’t know if that makes a difference?  

If the warranty is 5 years - I believe it’s just went out.  As in the past few weeks.  I’ll go have a double check - just to be safe. 

Santa has unfortunately blown his budget on the kids.  However i will need to come up with another TV as the kids won’t survive without a daily dose of Bluey, Zog & Frozen. 

Piscie
Community Team

@BrokenTeleGuy that sounds really frustrating! 😞 So which software version is currently running on your TV? I believe sometimes the TVs aren't recognizing the latest versions so you have to update manually

profile.country.GB.title
BrokenTeleGuy
Explorer

Hi, 

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately the software was up to date.  I now cannot check the software as it’s on and off every 10 seconds.  

I’ve admitted defeat and bought a new TV - not named Sony

Piscie
Community Team

@BrokenTeleGuy, in such cases try reaching out to Sony support reps first. The TV seems to have a hardware issue so they can help with arranging a repair for you.