Join now - be part of our community!

Stuck in an infinite loop

SOLVED
Voinhar
Explorer

Stuck in an infinite loop

Im trying to activate my Sony bravia KDL-32EX500 and im on the Activate an HDTV page 

so i enter the activation code and it comes up with "

Your Essentials account information has not yet been transferred to Sony Entertainment Network. Please Update Your Essentials Account before proceeding." thing is... i dont even know what essentials is! i dont even have an account on essentials! any help would be appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I have seen this before and believe that it was recommended to give SEN a call themselves.  They are a separate entity to Sony Support, hence difference contact details.

http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/app/call

Give them a buzz on the above link, and they should be able to resolve your issue. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

A while ago, Sony had it setup so that an account was called "Essentials" - however they have renamed this a while ago to SEN. 

At the bottom there is a link to "Dont have an essentials account - Return to Account Management" - Click that link, and either login to your account (if you have created a SEN account) or create a new account.

Cheers

Voinhar
Explorer

only the link in the original text and when i click that link it takes me to the essentials page however at the bottom it says "Don't have an Essentials account? There's no need to take any action. Return to Account Management."

but then when i do that im forced to do it all over again and theres your infinite loop

Voinhar
Explorer

i also tried to create a new account and do it but i got the same thing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I have seen this before and believe that it was recommended to give SEN a call themselves.  They are a separate entity to Sony Support, hence difference contact details.

http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/app/call

Give them a buzz on the above link, and they should be able to resolve your issue. 

Cheers

upociv
Explorer

This infinite loop is driving me nuts. I spent an hour on the phone to SEN today and they didn't have a clue how to help me. I had to hang up to go and pick my daughter up from school so I never got to a solution. The helpline guy I was talking to couldn't log in either!

I sometimes wonder if I should stop paying through the nose for Apple products and switch to Xperia. I think not!!

upociv
Explorer

I've just realised what the solution is. Apple can save me I'll buy Apple TV and never touch another Sony product again.

upociv
Explorer

Did you ever get out of the loop?

upociv

begkill64
New

How do Iremove demo mode loop from my tv screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your TV is in Demo or Shop mode, you will need to factory reset the TV.  When given the option, choose "Home" instead.

Cheers