Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32W706B Won't Respond to Remote Control or TV Buttons when Ethernet Cable Connected

profile.country.IE.title
Eugbug
Explorer

Sony KDL-32W706B Won't Respond to Remote Control or TV Buttons when Ethernet Cable Connected

It either wouldn't respond or was really sluggish as though the LAN cable was sending signals that were interrupting the TV. When I left the TV without using the control, it kept powering down every minute and then powered uo again as though it was rebooting. I wasn't sure what was causing the issue, but narrowed it down to this cable because it worked fine with the cable disconnected. I tried resetting the TV by pulling out for two minutes and then powering up again but this didn't rectify the problem. Software is up to date, but there haven't been any updates for this TV for years. I tried switching to WIFI and this initially didn't rectify the problem, but then all of a sudden it seems to work now. I could do a factory reset, but there's too much work involved customising the TV and storing and sorting all the satellite and terrestrial channels. I notice the enhanced TV guide which sources channel information from the Internet no longer is able to fill in information in the guide.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Eugbug 

I sympathise with your plight, but I feel that nothing short of a Factory Reset, given that you have tried a Power Cycle, has any chance of bringing this TV back to proper operation.

So you either keep it limping along, as now, or you start documenting your customised settings, and your tunings etc., to make restoring things back to how they are now, hopefully without the faults, as easy as possible after the Reset.

(And to those who have berated me in the past for pushing this option, I didn’t design your damn TVs and their inability to store and reapply their user configurations and tunings. And my LGs and Samsungs have never needed any more than a soft reset. Go figure.)

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Eugbug, If a factory data reset did not work, the next step is to send the TV for inspection, as from my opinion if it's not responding even to the buttons, there might be an issue with the port affecting the main board. 

Are yo based in the UK? Or IE?