Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 32WD756BU LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 32" with Freeview HD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
seabuensteve

Sony Bravia 32WD756BU LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 32" with Freeview HD

Hi,

This TV won't show any Freeview HD channels but the Ariel its connected too is a HD Ariel as I get all Freeview HD channels on a LG TV thats connected to the same Ariel. Any ideas?

Cheers, Steven 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@seabuensteve 

Connected to the same, or a different, aerial point?

What happens if you swap the aerial cable off the LG with the aerial cable on the Sony?

And, as this is a 32” TV, it should be feasible to take it to where the LG is situated, and just swap the aerial cable that is working with the LG into the Sony, and try tuning again.

If the Sony still won’t tune the HD channels, this would completely exonerate your aerial system, and point to a fault with the TV.

(NB: this is not an Android TV, so you should be in the Other TVs place, but for your issue, Android or not is probably irrelevant, so I will stretch a point 😛)

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@seabuensteve 

Connected to the same, or a different, aerial point?

What happens if you swap the aerial cable off the LG with the aerial cable on the Sony?

And, as this is a 32” TV, it should be feasible to take it to where the LG is situated, and just swap the aerial cable that is working with the LG into the Sony, and try tuning again.

If the Sony still won’t tune the HD channels, this would completely exonerate your aerial system, and point to a fault with the TV.

(NB: this is not an Android TV, so you should be in the Other TVs place, but for your issue, Android or not is probably irrelevant, so I will stretch a point 😛)

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
seabuensteve

Totally solved it. Thanks very much. It was the cable I was using for the Sony. Swapped with the LG cable and all HD channels are now on the Sony. I didn't think a cable could effect things soo much.