Join now - be part of our community!

KDL43WF663

profile.country.GB.title
Gem237x
New

KDL43WF663

1.  Sony Bravia KDL43WF663 LED HDR Full HD 1080p Smart TV, 43"i have no sound on some channels. the channels with sound say dolby digital stereo 1080p at the top of the screen. without sound stereo 1080p, john lewis couldnt help and said i needed to contact Sony?

2. message idle power off is enabled. This will automatically turn off if i left idle for the set period of time? I have set to off because the message comes up automatically, by switiching to OFF is it more eco friendly?

3. a message comes up as some features are not available, why is this? for example the guide button on the remote

4. I also have a SONY BRAVIA KDL32W6103BU 32" HD Ready HDR LED TV and they have sent me a digital audio connector adaptor do i need this? I have set this tv up to NOW TV.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gem237x 

It sounds like it’s faulty, and John Lewis should exchange it for you, but first:-

What channels are these? TV channels don’t, as far as I know, have Dolby.

Have you tuned in any terrestrial channels? Maybe you don’t get the Guide unless you do. Or maybe you don’t get the Guide, even if you have tuned them in, unless you have switched away from any HDMI input?

Switching the idle time setting off is less eco-friendly, as if you walk away when your TV is on, and leave it for hours, it will stay switched on forever, whereas the idle time setting would eventually switch it off if the set is just left.

Re 4, the spec for this TV does not describe such an item, so it is clearly an extra, but I do not know what it is. Is it a box, or a wire, or what? Please post a photograph of it, so we can perhaps tell you more.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…