Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32W706B TV digital channels keep getting shuffled around by themselves

farcas_mircea
Explorer

Bravia KDL-32W706B TV digital channels keep getting shuffled around by themselves

Hi there

I have a Sony bravia KDL-32W706B television for about a year now. Everything worked fine until about a month ago when I was prompted to perform a software update which I did. After the update was completed all the digital channels were in the wrong order and some were even missing altogether. I tried to import a channel list which I had previously saved on a USB stick but it didin't work anymore. I manually rearranged everything only to find them shuffled back again in a few days.

I did a factory reset and managed to import the list from my usb. A few days later I found the channels were again out of order. It's driving me crazy. I did like 4 or 5 factory resets in the last month, importing from the USB stick doesn't do anything, it just tells me the import was successful and the TV will restart, but after it restarts everything is the same. I'm tired of spending 2 or 3 hours tuning it and putting everything back in order only to find it changed again in a few days.

It used to happen only while the TV was in standby over night. Now it started happening while I'm watching. The image and sound suddenly freeze and either a new channel appears in place of the one I was just watching or the screen goes black and a message appears saying the channel is missing. Changing channels I find everything is shuffled again.

Please help, I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Interestingly enough this is happenng with the 2015  Android sets too... The satellite tuning on them is virtually unusable as the result.

Dig through the set's menu and make sure any 'auto update' settings are OFF in the tuning menus...

Be aware though, Freeview themselves do update and move channels around if it's that platform you're using. - Not ususally in the middle of a programe mind you!  

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's very strange indeed. It seems like you are using a version of the firmware not in line with the country in which you live, using a wrong LCN. I assume you did the fw update online or did you make it via an USB? In the last case is it possible you supplied a wrong version of the firmware?

farcas_mircea
Explorer

I did the update via the TV itself, when prompted with the message on the screen that a new version of the fw is available.

profile.country.GB.title
John_Ratcliffe

Oddly enough my Sony Bravia 4K UR2 is also retuning the channel order after it’s been arranged to my liking, I have checked through every menu option and turned off automated channel updates and the like yet it’s still changing.

someone suggested that the problem may be that the tv is trying to tune to the wrong country or region?

I use a vpn and am wondering if this could be causing my channels to change.