Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

SOLVED
Vanquish206
Explorer

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

Sony KDL-47W805A :I have a Sony kdl-47w805a which shows the following message when I try to open iPlayer

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit."  

Can I clear or increase the memory or can I not get iPlayer anymore ?

What does it actually mean ?  

My tv is only 3 years old.

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102
profile.country.GB.title
chrony

It did used to work fine, but I think it's probably because there is no longer an update the software for this model.

NigelDIY
New

Same applies to my KD-55X8505B was intermittent now seems all programmes. So sad SONY, a company I used to think had a good reputation for quality and reliability, can't fix this problem, their TVs are certainly not Smart.

profile.country.GB.title
westdart
Explorer

This is still a problem. I have a KDL-55W829B T.V. and get this error all the time now

profile.country.GB.title
jimtyro
Explorer

My advice? either get a firestick or junk the TV and find a better model. This debate has been running for over 3 years as an issue and there is no hope of resolving it because Sony will not acknowledge it.

Dizzybella
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL 50W815B. Purchased 2014.

I have experienced "internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory" message intermittent for past three weeks. Cannot see why it happens sometimes and not all the time. Factory reset has not cured the problem. From messages on this site it appears that Sony are aware and not interested. Their message that the problem has been corrected is clearly incorrect.

profile.country.GB.title
Andy181
Explorer

We've had this on and off since we bought the set a couple of years ago. It's a Bravia KDL-32W705.  Some BBC programmes (usually rubbish I don't usually watch) play fine, but the ones I really want to see start to play then after a few seconds we get the  'memory' message and it closes the iPlayer app.  I've just tried to watch the 'Made in Merseyside' Beatles documentary and it just won't play. All other apps (except Amazon, see below...) work fine. And iPlayer works perfectly on our Xbox.

Now to the amazon problem. This is just like the iPlayer problem but the message is 'insufficient bandwidth'. This fault can be cleared by unplugging the TV from the power supply and re-starting. Once again, Amazon plays perfectly on the Xbox.  This all points to a design problem with the TV, but other makes seem to suffer as well, so I've heard.

If we were certain it was the telly's fault we'd get a new one, but I hear similar complaints from owners of other makes. It doesn't make any sense. It's a shame, as the Sony produces lovely HD pics and even looks passably good on SD, something that not all LCD's can manage.

profile.country.GB.title
JonathanFY

My W829 does this every so often. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes not. Thankfully my Panasonic blu ray is okay. Guess what make TV I'll be buying next.

My annoyance is more with BBC. Clearly there is a problem with iplayer as it is the first question on the help page. Also the Amazon and youtube apps are working fine. The fact that Sony either don't know how to fix the problem or actually acknowledge the issue just shows their lack of customer service. It's not just us though. Recent issue of Which? highlighted the same lack of service for Samsung customers.

Come on Sony, acknowledge the problem and let us know what you are or aren't doing about it

profile.country.GB.title
andy_lumb
Explorer

I have experienced the memory limit exceeded error repeatedly using bbc I player and Netflix. It massively frustrating taking 5-6 attempt to stream a film or watch a programme. Fundamentally I cannot really use the Sevices I bought the SMART TV to watch? It is a Sony Bravia  KDL-50W829B

didnt used to do this. What’s changed?

Grozbabe59
Explorer

Hi, I had trouble with my tv saying memory low. I went into my X -plore app and set it to show hidden files. I found a file called estrongs at the top and it was full. I removed the contents and it resolved the problem. This file stored the recycle bin stuff. It is connected to the ES explorer app. I have removed that app from my tv and set my X-plore app to just delete files and not to put in recycle bin. Hope this helps. Also remove the estrongs file 

profile.country.GB.title
yenaled
Explorer

Buy a firestick or replace your Sony TV with a Panasonic.