Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32WE613 - adding apps and Iphone screen casting

pfm401
New

KDL32WE613 - adding apps and Iphone screen casting

I'm really confused on the functionality of my product and have been trying to use it in some way to watch Disney+. I bought the product expecting it to be similar to my KD55XG8196BU. Here are my issues:
- The KD55XG8196BU is Android OS whereas the KDL32WE613 isn't; this means I can add apps such as Disney+ to the KD55XG8196BU (through Google Play store) but not the KDL32WE613. Alternatively is there a way to add apps (any apps) to the KDL32WE613?
- I tried casting my Iphone. I can do it on the KD55XG8196BU but not the KDL32WE613. I think this is because the KD55XG8196BU has built in Chromecast and the KDL32WE613 doesn't? I tried all sorts of things on the KDL32WE613; using the "Screen mirroring" input selector on the TV (I don't think this will work because the iphone doesn't support Miracast??), setting up Wifi direct connection (I get as far as being able to test on Youtube, howvere it says it's playing on the KDL32WE613 but just has a rotating circle but does not play

Please can you help - the online support is more confusing than illuminating! Basically my questions are:
- Can I add any apps to my KDL32WE613?
- Can I cast my iphone to it without buying any more tech e.g. Chromecast

Thanks, Paul.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You have already answered by yourself . A non android TV is what you get when you buy it. No add-on.