Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

SOLVED
Vanquish206
Explorer

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

Sony KDL-47W805A :I have a Sony kdl-47w805a which shows the following message when I try to open iPlayer

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit."  

Can I clear or increase the memory or can I not get iPlayer anymore ?

What does it actually mean ?  

My tv is only 3 years old.

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102
profile.country.IE.title
andrew.clark
Explorer

I cannot use my Sony Tv iplayer due to memory failure. I have tried repeatedly but it just send a very brief error message then exits iplayer. I've had the Tv 2 years. Please advise

profile.country.GB.title
iaaud60
Explorer

Hi
I'm sorry to hear that but I am afraid along with many other Sony TV owners we are all experiencing the same problem. There is nothing you can do to fix this. I have followed other advice like restoring to factory settings but all to no avail. I have also tried contacting Sony but it appears they are just not interested in solving this problem. I can only guess the fault is either a manufacturing one, just not enough memory built in or a BBC one because they have increased the amount of memory needed to download their programs. Your guess is as good as mine!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
1renault
New

I am getting  message on my Sony KDL 32W 706B television when trying to use i player saying internet failed because content exceeds system memory limit. Then i player turns off. Can you help with this as it has not been fixed which your web site states

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Effosb
New

As at 7 September 2017 this problem is still not fixed....and BC has posted elsewhere that they also put a fix in on 1 September 2017 but still this has not fixed the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
jimtyro
Explorer

This problem is not fixed and as far as I and others can see it never will be because Sony has expressed no interest in doing do. Bottom line is that the Bravia range does not have enough memory to cope with the massive amount of on line data that streaming involves. You either get a new non Sony TV, buy a set top box or gor for an Amazon fire. There is no permamanent way to fix the memory - doing a reset is only a temporary fix.

Sorry but that seem to be the situation.

profile.country.GB.title
iaaud60
Explorer

Sorry to hear this but join the thousands of others who have been conned by Sony into buying smart TVs that are not fit for purpose. I guess any action would have to be taken through the retailer who sold you the TV first. It appears as others have commented Sony don't seem to want to know about the problem.

Sent from my iPhone

profile.country.GB.title
Gardeningjen17
New

I am repeatedly getting this message for some programmes but not others.  Length of programme does not seem to be related as some longer programmes eg strictly come dancing can download more easily than some shorter ones eg gardeners world.

keithtopp
New

Hi,

I can confirm that this problem is not solved. I am still seeing it on my KDL-32W705SC.

Is there work still being done on this ?

Thanks

Keith 

[Edited to remove personal details -EdwinaU]

profile.country.GB.title
iaaud60
Explorer

I was beginning to think the problem had been solved because for a couple of weeks we were able to watch programs on I player. However on Friday evening we attempted to watch a program and the same old error message appeared again.
A John Lewis sales person told me it was the BBC withdrawing its licence for the software from Sony and apparently it is at liberty to do so and will when a tv is three or four years old.
That was news to me and not sure about it although he sounded authorstive.
Ian

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IE.title
andrew.clark
Explorer

The BBC has admitted that they can no longer support the previously
launched iplayer as designed. It is therefore necessary to buy something
like a Firestick to allow it to work. Why isn't this in the press and TV
news?