Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

SOLVED
Vanquish206
Explorer

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

Sony KDL-47W805A :I have a Sony kdl-47w805a which shows the following message when I try to open iPlayer

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit."  

Can I clear or increase the memory or can I not get iPlayer anymore ?

What does it actually mean ?  

My tv is only 3 years old.

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Goodastu

You have the KDL-46EX524 model TV?  If so, then thats a 2011 model.  So it seems then that BBC have finally decided not to persist with iPlayer on 2011 TV 😞

Suggest a NowTV box.  They are the cheapest way to get the catchup apps.  £15.

Nonamous
Explorer

Broken again

Iplayer glastonbury

profile.country.GB.title
raregroove84
Explorer

Hi this iPlayer message is still appearing -  Can you help me to fix this problem please?

12 June 2017

ellieforester
Explorer

I just gave up and bought an Amazon Fire Stick. I initially got a Now box but that was second hand and soon went wrong. It seems this is an ongoing problem that isn't going to be fixed anytime soon!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony is aware of the on-going issues.  I believe they may be publishing some communications about this (unsure when though).

So as a summary:

FY2011 TV Models – BBC iPlayer discontinued (previously fault)

FY2012 TV Models – No fault

FY2013 TV Models – Fault

FY2014 TV Models – Fault

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
xiansony
Explorer

Hi,

I have a KD-55X8505B that is displaying the same message. The TV in uptodate and I have tried a factory reset but this has made no difference.

Please can you advise what to do as I can not currently use iPlayer.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xiansony - See my post above ^^^^^

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I bought a NOW TV box to get all the apps that Sony no longer supported on my TV about 18 months ago.

Now it seems I have to buy a newer NOW TV box as my existing one is too out of date to support updated catchup apps.

At least a new NOW TV box is only £15.

profile.country.GB.title
iaaud60
Explorer

now getting this memory limit message when trying to download programs from I player. It is a 2014 model but the Sony message refers to 2011 models. Tried everything with no joy. Any ideas or solutions. I have informed Sony but no response as yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @iaaud60

Read my post above.  Sony is aware of this issue for 2013 and 2014 model TVs.  iPlayer on 2011 TVs previously had this error will now be discontinued as of 16 August 2017.

Cheers