Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

SOLVED
Vanquish206
Explorer

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

Sony KDL-47W805A :I have a Sony kdl-47w805a which shows the following message when I try to open iPlayer

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit."  

Can I clear or increase the memory or can I not get iPlayer anymore ?

What does it actually mean ?  

My tv is only 3 years old.

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102
garcork71
Explorer

Hi guys can you help with this problem

thanks

gary

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @garcork71

Please read some of the replies above yours.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Goodastu
New

I also have this problem. I contacted Sony Support by email. They advised that they are aware of the issue and are working with BBC engineers to resolve. I was advised to keep checking the website for further news. My TV is less than 5 years old as well and is a KDL-46EX524b.

I don't believe it is possible to increase the TV memory. Lets see if a solution is forthcoming from Sony or is this another internet service that we will lose. Seems that Smart TV is not so smart and it may be best to use NOW TV , YouView or similar to access the internet services on a non-smart TV (after all NOW TV is only £15 one off cost for access to all the players, not just iPlayer which is the only one featured on my Sony menu)

ellieforester
Explorer

I've just bought an Amazon Firestick as I can't imagine that they are going to bother to sort out a problem that affects people who have what they would consider to be "an old TV". Built-in obsolescence seems to be the thing these days! Cynical maybe . . .
ManxMann
New

KDL-65 W 955

Just to say I'm having the exact same problem with the above TV model which is less than 2 years old!

This will be the last SONY product I ever buy, previously I bought one of their SNP-100 media players, after only a couple of years use 'iPlayer' support was droppped *****!

SONY this is like a car manufacturer welding up the rear doors of your car becuase 'we don't support rear doors'. The product as a whole was sold to me because of its iPlayer support, to remove it makes the unit useless.

This level of product support is appauling!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
jimtyro
Explorer

I have a problem with an ealrier model (kdl32705C). Today received this from Sony -In regards to your inquiry, BBC IPlayer error message. The symptom being experienced is as a result of BBC constantly updating IPlayer, which has come to exceed the capability of the TV’s hardware. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this limitation at the moment, but there is a workaround that you can try:
- Close BBC IPlayer if it is running
- Open BBC IPlayer
- Play a programme
- If you wish to play additional programmes, repeat steps 1 to 3 above for each content you wish to play
Yours sincerely,
Mohamed M.Rasmi
SONY SUPPORT TEAM

Tried it, and all the other suggestions. Fix only temporary. Really don't want to buy new TV but...

profile.country.GB.title
jimtyro
Explorer

his problem has been running since at least December 2013 and has still not been fixed as of May 2017. In spite of BBC assurances, nothjing has been done and from their recent reply to me, it looks as if Sony can't fix it either. It's annoying that a piece of kit doesn't work as it should and it's worrying because how do we know that a new TV won't develop the same fault.  

So as a quick fix, and rather than buying a new TV which may trun out just as faulty, I suggest getting an Amazon firestick. This will give access to just about everything and I find that the picture quality is noticeably better, (and no, I don't get a rake off from Amazon for plugging this).Of course it will only work if you've a USB socket so I'm aware its not for everyone. And who knows one day there may be a proper fix from Sony... we live in hope.

Ssnell
New

I am still having this issue. Could you please confirm when this can be rectified

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ssnell

What model TV do you have.  According to my information this problem was resolved on 2013 TVs (i.e. the model in this thread title - models with the letter A at the end).

At current:

• 2011 TVs - Problem remains
  • 2012 TVs - No problem reported
  • 2013 TVs - Problem resolved
  • 2014 TVs - Problem remains.

Cheers

Goodastu
New

Hi, Further to my previous post, I had a message on my TV when logging into iplayer tonight. It said that 'sorry to say goodbye' but 'the iplayer would no longer be available on my tv after the 16th August 2017'. Seems the problem is not going to be resolved ! (though ironically the iplayer has been working more reliably but not perfectly over the last month or so). Disappointing as the TV is only just 5 years old but it seems the hardware cannot cope with the software upgrades any more.

I did buy another Sony smart TV a few months ago which has 'youview' capability to access the 'players'. I wonder how long that will work for ! Definitely a better option is to buy a standard TV and make it 'smart' via Now TV box, Amazon Firestick or similar...