Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

SOLVED
Vanquish206
Explorer

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

Sony KDL-47W805A :I have a Sony kdl-47w805a which shows the following message when I try to open iPlayer

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit."  

Can I clear or increase the memory or can I not get iPlayer anymore ?

What does it actually mean ?  

My tv is only 3 years old.

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ellieforester - What model TV do you have?

profile.country.GB.title
Chillybons
Explorer

Hello.
Sony have advised that the BBC will no longer support the IPlayer app on my version of the tv which is the 22ex32 and is about 5 or 6 years old and they sent me a message which is on the BBC website which says the same.
I have now purchased an Amazon fire stick at £34.99 and it works fine with this and of course gives me more apps. I could also purchased a Now tv box at £14.99 but the Amazon suited my needs for portability
Hope that helps
Trevor
Sent from my iPad

Trevor Jones
about.me/jonestd
Vanquish206
Explorer

thanks for info Trevor, I am guessing this will be my fate one day soon too, so at least I know there is a back up plan and that I don't have to purchase another tv just an Amazon Fire Stick.   

Kind regards 

ellieforester
Explorer

I have now checked the back of the TV and mine is a KDL 32CX523, probably about 5 years old. I've got a Now box which seems to have given up the ghost, and I can't decide whether it's a coincidence that the 2 problems have occurred more or less simultaneously or not!
ellieforester
Explorer

It's a KDL 32CX523, manufactured 12/2011 allegedly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.GB.title
Chillybons
Explorer

I doubt the problems are connected and certainly the Amazon fire stick works fine.

Trevor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Regarding this on-going issue for 2011 TVs - dedicated thread

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bbc-iplayer-2011-tvs/m-p/2271362/

At current the BBC still have this message:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/sony-memory-limit

BBC iPlayer 2011 TVs.jpg

It is unusual for this issue to be unresolved for so long.  However according to @Chillybons : HERE, they have apparently been told by Sony that the iPlayer on 2011 TVs may be discontinued.

BBC iPlayer was discontinued for many manufacturers and models in Autumn of 2016, see HERE, but there is still no mention officially by Sony or the BBC that 2011 models would go the same way.

I will try and see if I can get concrete information from Sony on Monday

Cheers

rodwoodford
Explorer

Problem persists and the BBC's site on 22 December said so too. No fix yet??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rodwoodford - Please see the dedicated thread for 2011 TVs - This thread was for the 2013 model TVs, which has been resolved.

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bbc-iplayer-2011-tvs/m-p/2271362/