Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

SOLVED
Vanquish206
Explorer

KDL-47W805A TV message of system memory limit.

Sony KDL-47W805A :I have a Sony kdl-47w805a which shows the following message when I try to open iPlayer

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit."  

Can I clear or increase the memory or can I not get iPlayer anymore ?

What does it actually mean ?  

My tv is only 3 years old.

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102

Many thanks for pushing that through. I can confirm that iPlayer works for me this morning.

Peter

[Edited for personal details -EdU]

Vanquish206
Explorer

Thanks for helping resolve this.  

I tried iPlayer and yes it works now - normal service has been resumed !!

many thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
Chillybons
Explorer

This issue has not been fixed, I am still getting the problem, does anyone know who I should report this to?

profile.country.GB.title
monpay123
Explorer

Hello

I have the same issue with my SONY TV.  The BBC iplayer keeps crashing displaying the message"'Internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory".

Currently BBC website is displaying the following message:

iPlayer Help
issue
Why am I getting the message 'Internet download failed ... exceeds system memory' on my Sony TV?
We're aware that some people are seeing the error message 'Internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory' on their Sony TV's.
***Updated Thursday 22 December***
We're investigating further reports of this issue and we'll update this FAQ when we have more information.

So the issue hasn't been resolved yet.  I tried both resetting my TV to "Factory Settings" and also Refreshing the Network settings but to no avail. It is very frustrating.

Has anyone got any suggestions please short of buying another TV set other than SONY?  Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Chillybons
Explorer

I had a response from Sony yesterday who have said they are aware of the problem and are working with the BBC. They asked me to be patient and to keep checking the website!!!
I replied expressing my disappointment as this has been a problem for some time and asked them for more details on which website I should be checking, they have not replied yet.
For information we have a Samsung TV in another part of the house and it doesn't have this problem.

Trevor
Sent from my iPad

Trevor Jones
about.me/jonestd
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Just to let you know of another thread - this thread is specifically related to 2013 TVs with that error message (which was fixed), but for 2011 TVs this problem isnt.

There is a dedicated thread for 2011 TVs

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bbc-iplayer-2011-tvs/m-p/2267771

@monpay123 - You havent mentioned your TV model, but if its a 2011 model, see above link.

Cheers

The fault cleared by the BBC on 12th December 2016 has apparently returned to prevent access.  HELP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @davemather1

Is it the exact same problem and message?  Also can you please reply back with the model number of the TV?

At current, the BBC has this message:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/sony-memory-limit

But its actually in reference to 2011 TVs (which is still not resolved) - although the BBC has not listed model numbers:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bbc-iplayer-2011-tvs/m-p/2267771

Cheers

Vanquish206
Explorer

Hi @davemather1 @Anonymous

for info only:

Just checked my access and it is still ok.  My fault has not returned.

kind regards

ellieforester
Explorer

I am still getting this message even though it has supposedly been fixed. My TV is a few years old now, but other than this, works perfectly, so I don't particularly want to get a new one.

Any more ideas?