Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL40EX723 - Program Channel switch causing Input mode to change

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Satyakrishnan
Visitor

Bravia KDL40EX723 - Program Channel switch causing Input mode to change

Hello All,

I bought a new  KDL40EX723 recently and trying to setup.  I found a strange( undesired) behavior with remote.

Scenario:

Sky box is connected to HDMI 1 input

TV Ariel is connected to "TV in" Arial socket of the bravia TV

I am watching sky channels by selecting input mode to HDMI1 ( and will be operating my channels using sky remote).   During this time,  If Program ( + or - ) button on  "TV remote" is pressed( even it is by mistake),  TV input mode is changing from HDMI1 to TV and starts showing the channels from  Digital/Analog TV which are received thru ariel..

Ideally unless input mode is explicitly changed from HDMI1 to TV using TV remote  ,    Program buttion (+ or - ) press shouldn't  show the Analog/digital TV channels received from Ariel.

Did anyone experienced this issue ?  am missing any setting to avoid this  ?

Thanks in advace,

Satya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is a normal response of the tv remote if you press the + or - program button, mine does exactly the same thing even if im using my TiVo box, just use the sky remote for the duration of use the only way to avoid this is to put the tv remote down so your not touching it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is a normal response of the tv remote if you press the + or - program button, mine does exactly the same thing even if im using my TiVo box, just use the sky remote for the duration of use the only way to avoid this is to put the tv remote down so your not touching it.