Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32EX403 or KDL32CX523 - which is best?

profile.country.en_GB.title
anhethe
Visitor

KDL32EX403 or KDL32CX523 - which is best?

Hi

18 months ago I bought a KDL32EX403 TV which I have been very pleased with.

Unfortunately I was recently burgled and cleaned out of all of my electrical goods/cameras/etc, including my TV.

The insurance company replace your goods new for old and are offering me the KDL32CX523 as a replacement for my TV.  I've had a quick look at the spec and can't see a great deal of difference, but I note that this new TV retails at a lot less than I paid for mine.

My question is, which model is the best?  Am I better accepting the CX523 or taking the money and buying the EX403 from another source?

I don't do anything particularly fancy with my TV and am not a great techie.  I do have a Wii (or did til I was burgled!) but would not say I was a hard core gamer. I do use the i player but this is on both TVs anyway.

Any opinions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Andrea

Message was edited by: anhethe

Message was edited by: anhethe

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

whether you can get cash in lieu of goods would depend on the insurance company as most now do "new for old" or like for like, if you liked your old set that much and you can get the cash then try here for the replacement.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/13571924/Sony-Bravia-32-inch-KDL-32EX403-Full-HD-1080...

thats just one outlet off the top of my head, the other model of coarse is one of the current 2011 models and of coarse is a bit newer with freeview HD tuner and with extra's like smartphone app, usb HDD recording and wireless connectivity, but dont take just my word, read one of the 5 star reviews i found for you below.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/sony-kdl-32cx523-kdl32c...

have fun.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

A good advice would be get the money and find a new TV preferably a NON Sony TV. Their latest TV’s are plague with problems. Where ever you read there is a huge list of unhappy customers with faulty TV’s and Sony has done nothing but grabbing our money. I just bought a 65HX923 which is the flagship TV of Sony. Oh boy, what a rip off! The screen has been faulty from day zero and Sony has been trying to convince me that it is with specifications. Eventually they sent an engineer to check the TV who confirmed that the TV is faulty. In the mean time the Sony Centre has gone into administration. It seems that none can predict when the next one will be. It is not Sonex Sony Centre the only ones to go into administration.

Sony Support will lie on your face. They can never keep track of the problems. My experience with them is the worst experience with any customer support ever. There is a large number of customer complaining that their screen last very little. My solution now it is to dispute the payment with my credit card. Take advantage of your problem and get the money. Sony will not give you this opportunity ever. I have been converted from a Sony die hard to I will never buy Sony again. If you see the posts here you will see that it is not the HX range alone, NX, EX and any  alphabetical combination that Sony has made.