Join now - be part of our community!

42W705 - '2 day' Freeview EPG problem - Dover transmitter

profile.country.en_GB.title
garfield100

42W705 - '2 day' Freeview EPG problem - Dover transmitter

I noticed in last few days our W705B is failing to show any Event Information in the Freeview EPG for periods after the end of the following day.

eg. Today is Tuesday.  There is no Freeview Event info for all channels from beginning of Thursday.

I have already tried rescanning all channels, and even reluctantly performed a Factory Reset to no avail.

Our older EX723 and Samsung TV connected to same external aerial has no problems receiving full 7 day Freeview EPG.

It looks like a 'bug' in the W705 firmware perhaps linked to some subtle change in the Freeview data.  I don't know exactly when this problem first appeared.  It may have been after 'CBS Action' moved from channel 70 to 64, or the appearance of a new channel called 'Kingdom' last week.

Signal strength 94-96, and quality 100, and there are no viterbi errors reported on the Freeview channel technical stats page.

My aerial is pointed to the Dover transmitter.  Latest 2.263EUA firmware installed.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

1. KDL-42W829B

2. PKG2.291EUA

3. YES - Several Times 

4. NO - Far too complicated to recover user settings 

5. N/A see 6.

6. YES - BT Vision+ box fully configured 

7. REDRUTH 

8. In what must be related I am still getting INCORRECT labelling of recorded content AND the EPGs are not synching with the Start and End times of programmes several now cut short and started late. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jelibeli
Explorer

1. KDL-32W705b
  2. Don't know, but it has updated within the last few weeks.
  3. Yes.
  4. No, I don't want to lose my settings.
  5. No.
  6. It always used to work fine on my Topfield PVR, but that was some time ago.
  7. Sutton Coldfield.
  8. No.
garfield100

1. KDL-42W705b (09/2014 build)
  2. PKG2.263EUA
  3. Yes. 
  4. Yes.
  5. Yes, different aerial too.  97% signal, 100% quality.
  6. Yes, Sony EX723 and Samsung LE26C450
  7. Dover
  8. First noticed EPG (3rd to 7th days) was incomplete from end of February 2015 around the time when either CBS Action was moved to ch.64, or when new channel 'Kingdom' was added to EPG.

I also observed this odd behaviour.  When I tried a full  Digital Auto retune with aerial disconnected.  It found no channels. But when I plugged the aerial back in and power cycled the TV, all the previously stored freeview channels re-appeared ?!  

A factory reset with aerial disconnected, would result in no channels found/displayed as expected.

Same TV but firmware updated to PKG2.291EUA.  Same EPG problem.  I have not tried a factory reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the information.  I have forwarded this all onto Sony.  Any information received will be posted back into this thread.

Please keep in mind, that it does take Sony time to investigate.

Cheers

garfield100

hi, it's now been more than 6 months since I first raised this Freeview EPG problem

Is there any news on whether Sony found the cause and a solution ?