Join now - be part of our community!

TV cannot "see" my Router after re-set.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

TV cannot "see" my Router after re-set.

Oh how I despise TalkTalk!

For some reason, my HG635 Router suddenly stopped broadcasting on the 2.4GHz band, and none of my kit: phones, iPad, laptop, YouView Box and TV could connect!

This happened in the early hrs of last Saturday morning!

I was in bed, just doing a last check of my email accounts and discovered  both Phones and iPad were bereft of a connection!

Eeventually, I realised that there were two versions of my SSID showing, the usual 2.4GHz which spurned all advances, and a 5GHz version, to which I could connect using the same router key.

In the morning, the problem persisted for a few hours, but eventually seemed to resolve it's self, however, my PC had only a tenuous grasp on the signal, sometimes losing it within seconds of it having been established. ...Grrr!

All else worked just fine, I then made the mistake of following advice from TalkTalk who said do a "Router Reset" to solve the problem!

Oh dear!

My KDL40NX803 can now no longer "see" any wireless signal from my router.

"Network Setup Status" reports:-

"Wireless Device"- OK (presumably it's own) 

"Network SSID" - (shows my 2.4GHz ID)

"Signal Strength" - (shows just a dash, presumably indicating no signal)

"Security" - WPA - PSK (AES)

"IP Address setting" - Auto

I have tried connecting using each and every permutation of options offered by the TV without success.

PLEASE can someone guide me through to a successfull conclusion?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Theracles, what have you done?  Send the Talktalk 'SuperRouter' to a watery grave and get another. :slight_smile:

Ps, will respond properly later

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hi my friend,

Why, I ask myself stop at the router!!??

Seems the telly is smarter than the router, having tried all combinations of AES, WPA2, TKIP, UKIP and anything else, to no avail, having had the night to "sleep" on it, the TV "found" the router all on it's own.

Panic over!

Why do I bother! :slight_smile: