Join now - be part of our community!

Promotion - TheBegining

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sanchopanz
Visitor

Promotion - TheBegining

Hi,

I registered a MySony account as soon as bought kit (bravia 46 & home-theater).

I've received a letter with from sony promotions alongside a bundle package, that says register on www.sony.co.uk/thebegining and get access to a promotion for several films & 6 months of unlimited music. I've tried like mad to register - though it says I already have an account - which is the MySony account I use here? Can someone advise what the process is to regester for this offer. I called promotions supprt, who passed me to techniacl support, who passed me back to promotions support - who dont support the website....;-)

Solved - mail just turned up. its me being impatient. Cheers

Message was edited by: sanchopanz

Message was edited by: sanchopanz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dablack7684
Explorer

I have just received an email confirming that my proof of purchase has been successfully validated.  

Thank you to those that helped apply reason & common sense. 

I can get back to enjoying the Sony TV experience now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jvpdesouza
Explorer

Sony won't honour the free playstation Dualshock controller and 30 day free rental promotion despite complying with the FAQ's and T&Cs. Emailed them a John Lewis sales receipt and letter on headed paper. I received an email that an online order does not qualify but I never placed an online order.

profile.country.GB.title
dablack7684
Explorer

I'm having the same issue.  

Purchased online at Argos to pick up in store.  I've provided the email as documentation which clearly states in the first sentence "This is your invoice" but have been rejected by Sony 4 times with the standard "Thank you for sending us documents with regards to your purchase. After validation we have noticed that you have sent us the online order confirmation instead of the invoice." excuse. I've asked for more information as to why a printed receipt does not meet their T&Cs and contact details to complain to but have not received anything.

It's a shame as I really like the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
GremlinUK

I bought mine from Amazon. received the contoller within a week of registering for it....

profile.country.GB.title
dablack7684
Explorer

I've have now had an email response from Sony stating that "The timeframe in which to provide us a valid proof has exceeded the given 10 days. Based on this information your participation is unfortunately no longer valid.
Please check our Terms & Conditions or Frequently Asked Questions for more details." despite responding back to every email that I received within a day with:

"As previously explained on 24-Aug, 1-Sep & 7-Sep:

The TV was purchased online from Argos & picked up at a local store. The company does not provide invoices & I have provided ALL documentation I have. The email I provided was the RECEIPT, not the online order confirmation, as clearly indicated by the second sentence: "This email is your receipt; please keep it safe." This does satisfy your T&Cs as it is a printed sales receipt."

I have requested email details of their complaints dept & will provide it if I ever receive actual answers to my requests.  If anyone has it already, can they please reply with it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dablack7684,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Hopefully someone from Sony has been in touch with you with a more favourable response to your claim, if this is not the case please let us know & we will see if we can ask Sony to investigate this again for you..

profile.country.GB.title
dablack7684
Explorer

I have just received an email confirming that my proof of purchase has been successfully validated.  

Thank you to those that helped apply reason & common sense. 

I can get back to enjoying the Sony TV experience now.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent news, thanks for letting us know..:smileyhappy: