Join now - be part of our community!

Imaging Edge blocking on my iPhone 13 Pro/IOS 15.x

SOLVED
profile.country.CA.title
ClaudeK
New

Imaging Edge blocking on my iPhone 13 Pro/IOS 15.x

Hello,

I just purchased a Sony camera and am trtying to install Imaging Edge on my iPhone. The app installs fine but I have an issue when I start it. On the very first screen (the welcome screen) it shows the Software license agreement and asks to click on "Agree and proceed". When I click on to agree there is a error message that appears "An error occured. Please wait a while and try again". I retried multiple time but same error happens.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing without success. I tried the app on my wife's iPhone which is the EXACT SAME MODEL and exact IOS as mine and it works fine. I am stuck here. Any ideas or hints or recommendations are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.CA.title
ClaudeK
New

Thanks for the replies. I did try deleting and reinstalling several times, reboot, etc without success.

Finally I did a full backup of my phone and reset it thus deleting everything on it. Then I tried installing the Imaging Edge  App and it went well. Then I did a restore of the backup and tried the App again and IT WORKED. I know there is no scientific explanation but hey it works!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ClaudeK,

welcome to the Sony Community..

That is odd that Imaging Edge is installing on your wife’s iPhone and not yours..

I’m presuming your downloading the latest version direct from the App Store..

Can I suggest you delete the app from your iPhone..

Restart your iPhone..

Once restarted close any apps running in the background..

Then try downloading and opening the Imaging Edge app again..

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey ClaudeK, I just checked the compatible mobile devices, and it seems that yours isn't one of them: https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/app/iemobile/en/devices/

profile.country.CA.title
ClaudeK
New

Thanks for the replies. I did try deleting and reinstalling several times, reboot, etc without success.

Finally I did a full backup of my phone and reset it thus deleting everything on it. Then I tried installing the Imaging Edge  App and it went well. Then I did a restore of the backup and tried the App again and IT WORKED. I know there is no scientific explanation but hey it works!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi ClaudeK, that's great news! Could you mark the post as resolved? Thank you for updating us.