Join now - be part of our community!

Z3 tablet compact camera not working

hanger4life
Visitor

Z3 tablet compact camera not working

Ive had my z3 tablet compact for almost 3 years with no issue at all. 2 weeks ago the camera stopped working. anytime i try to launch the stock camera from any option, double press of the power button, pull up from lower right on lock screen, short cut on home screen, or any app, even in on board support to diagnose camera ,it all pulls up same erro message:Unfortunately, camera has stopped.......ok, is there to push to clear the error message.

Things I've tried:

factory reset

sony companion full reinstall of marshmallow

removed sd card

reset all defaults

disabled camera and download 3rd party camera app(that got front facing picture,but no on screen preview)

I'm living in Thailand now and they say with my IDID# and seriall # they cant repair here.

Im running Android 6.0.1 / security patch March 1 2016/ build # 23.5.A.0.575

This is an unlocked tablet bought directly from sony online by me. Never dropped, not one scratch, white. Maybe for sell soon.

lol.... everything else works fine too...

please help...

11 REPLIES 11
Fabmiri87
Visitor

Hi, mine camera is now also not working, help! Tried everything I can bar factory reset as I don't want to do that, as I don't think it'll fix it. 

Solomatin
Visitor

What is going on here?

My tablet has exactly the same symptoms! Cameras no longer work.

Technical support, wake up! It's disgusting!

Что здесь вообще происходит?

У моего планшета точно такие же симптомы! Камеры больше не работают.

Техническая поддержка, очнись! Это отвратительно!

@Solomatin 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.