Join now - be part of our community!

Z3 tablet compact camera not working

hanger4life
Visitor

Z3 tablet compact camera not working

Ive had my z3 tablet compact for almost 3 years with no issue at all. 2 weeks ago the camera stopped working. anytime i try to launch the stock camera from any option, double press of the power button, pull up from lower right on lock screen, short cut on home screen, or any app, even in on board support to diagnose camera ,it all pulls up same erro message:Unfortunately, camera has stopped.......ok, is there to push to clear the error message.

Things I've tried:

factory reset

sony companion full reinstall of marshmallow

removed sd card

reset all defaults

disabled camera and download 3rd party camera app(that got front facing picture,but no on screen preview)

I'm living in Thailand now and they say with my IDID# and seriall # they cant repair here.

Im running Android 6.0.1 / security patch March 1 2016/ build # 23.5.A.0.575

This is an unlocked tablet bought directly from sony online by me. Never dropped, not one scratch, white. Maybe for sell soon.

lol.... everything else works fine too...

please help...

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@hanger4life

I'm sorry to hear that but it seems to be a hardware issue, you will have to get it inspected by the Xperia Support from the country it was imported 

zieios
Visitor

no it's not a hardware problem 

tarpolano1
Visitor

I also have the same problem. I already posted this on XDA but it seems the scene there for this device is not so popular so there's no reply. I would really like to have some help for this product since I am using it as a daily driver and Im using the camera for notes and stuff.. Please help

olive97
Visitor

Hello

I have exactly the same issue since 5 days, I'd like to know if there is a solution.

Thank you if someone can help.

absolut33
Visitor

Hi 

I have the same problem

Sony or moderators could you say something about that?????? 

kyus
Visitor

Hi 

I have the same problem, too!

Never dropped, not one scratch.

Mike72
Visitor

I have the same problem since Android 6.

A factory reset did not solve the problem.

HondaChuang
Visitor

I have the same problem after I did a reset. The camera did not work and the test failed. Please help on this issue. Thanks.

ddr2
Visitor

Same problem here!

What is going on? All z3 tablets are broken???