Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Battery

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
vihanke16
Visitor

Tablet Battery

this tablet may be well built and put together but without a replaceable battery it is no use for as soon as you reach the end of the batteries rechargable life unless you have mega riches and can afford the cost of sending it back to the makers to have the battery replaced then you might as well just throw it and all of your beloved data away and just put it down to another bad expereance and another bad product that do's not look the length of time it will be used as well as looking at the overall cost of these things to the community

Message was edited by: -Soup-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Like the majority of tablets on the market, the battery is sealed inside the unit. The only manufacturer who have not done so is Toshiba on their new tablet but not had much interest in their design and performance in the past so not on the books for me. Generally, the battery life cycle on these devices (in general) are far beyond better than what we were used to.

I mean I purchased the iPad (original) the day it was out and still had no issues with battery performance. I still get the 8-9 hours that I originally got. If it does get to the stage where a battery needs replacing, companies do offer a service to do so which was not as expensive as you think.

I had a Sony Walkman which cost me quite a bit in the day and 3 years later when battery life decreased, I went through the battery replacement service which only cost me around £40. Not saying that how much the Tablet S battery will be to replace but I am sure measures will be put in place for that.

If that is a concern for you, maybe you should consider the P which has a user replacable battery but bearing in mind, buying additional batteries also has a cost so in reality, the only difference in the long run is one you have to send away but both could cost around the same for a replacement battery.

From past experience, I wouldnt put it down to a bad product or bad design. Just something that you have to remember to do further down the line regardless of the product.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Like the majority of tablets on the market, the battery is sealed inside the unit. The only manufacturer who have not done so is Toshiba on their new tablet but not had much interest in their design and performance in the past so not on the books for me. Generally, the battery life cycle on these devices (in general) are far beyond better than what we were used to.

I mean I purchased the iPad (original) the day it was out and still had no issues with battery performance. I still get the 8-9 hours that I originally got. If it does get to the stage where a battery needs replacing, companies do offer a service to do so which was not as expensive as you think.

I had a Sony Walkman which cost me quite a bit in the day and 3 years later when battery life decreased, I went through the battery replacement service which only cost me around £40. Not saying that how much the Tablet S battery will be to replace but I am sure measures will be put in place for that.

If that is a concern for you, maybe you should consider the P which has a user replacable battery but bearing in mind, buying additional batteries also has a cost so in reality, the only difference in the long run is one you have to send away but both could cost around the same for a replacement battery.

From past experience, I wouldnt put it down to a bad product or bad design. Just something that you have to remember to do further down the line regardless of the product.