Join now - be part of our community!

strap

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

strap

Got the S1 16 GB yesterday from John Lewis with 16 gb SD card.

Can someone please advise how to thread the strap lanyard that comes with the unit? For the life of me can't figure it out.

Interestingly John Lewis.com were advertising a 2 year guarantee, something that Sony were offering as an exclusive on Sony.com or sony shops. When I called JohnLewis Oxford Street they confirmed that they were also offering a 2 year guarantee on all units purchased in their stores

Curry's when asked responded that the unit just came with a standard one year guarantee but when I got to John Lewis to pick up my unit there was a Sony rep who confirmed that all units came with a 2 year guarantee from any store in the UK???

Of course in the box there is nothing confirming or advising on length of guarantee.  Very odd.

Waiting for my receipt via post as purchased over the phone before collecting the unit directly from the store same day.

Anyway it's 2:50 am and I must go to bed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_IE.title
anobrie79
Visitor

Push the smaller loop through the two holes at the bottom left of tablet. You may need to use a paper clip to "pull" it through. Push the larger lop into the shorter loop and pull through.....see pic. I personally wouldn't carry the device this way as I would probably bash it off everthing and everybody I come close to.

Can you please tell me if the Reader app is working for you.

Message was edited by: anobrie79

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_IE.title
anobrie79
Visitor

Push the smaller loop through the two holes at the bottom left of tablet. You may need to use a paper clip to "pull" it through. Push the larger lop into the shorter loop and pull through.....see pic. I personally wouldn't carry the device this way as I would probably bash it off everthing and everybody I come close to.

Can you please tell me if the Reader app is working for you.

profile.country.en_GB.title
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Hi Anobrie,

I'd figured out how to loop the strap once I had got it through but couldn't get it thrreaded in the first place.  Thought I would need a clip or needle to assist but thought I would ask first, if there was a simpler method.  Any way, paper clip here I come!

The reader app worked without a hitch.  I Clicked on it and it opened, no issues for me.  Possibly try to download the app again from Market place and try and reopen.