Join now - be part of our community!

Prints documents?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
paully
Visitor

Prints documents?

Can you print documents to a network printer (Epson SX600FW)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Looking at it, you are in luck. I just had a look on the Android marketplace (not on a Tablet) and there a wide range of wireless printing systems for different manufacturers.

Seiko Epsom have their own app and your printer shows as listed. As to how it works, beats me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

With most Android based devices, there is no direct way to print so most likely can be done via the Android Marketplace.

Best thing to do is wait to see what preinstalled app are finalised on launch. It may be possible but not seen any dedicated preinstalled app on most tablets to provide this function.

nunoloule
Visitor

That's a good question?

Is there any print app in the market store?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Looking at it, you are in luck. I just had a look on the Android marketplace (not on a Tablet) and there a wide range of wireless printing systems for different manufacturers.

Seiko Epsom have their own app and your printer shows as listed. As to how it works, beats me.

iacolli31
Visitor

As there is a USB hub, I assume that you could also connect a printer to the tablet that way. Am I correct?

(sorry for the slight thread hijack as this may not be a network printing solution)

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The USB port is available but from what I have read, it is to copy and paste data to the internal memory and has no direct protocols for use with printers as they all require their own dedicated drivers. It will only be available as a mass stoage device, same as what you get with Android based phones.

Since Android OS does not work specifically in that way, I do not see the Tablet supporting this. You may wish to check the Android Marketplace site - https://market.android.com/ for applications which may support USB printing but could vary from device to device due to hardware differences if even available.