Join now - be part of our community!

Memory 256 GB

SOLVED
Bugra2
Visitor

Memory 256 GB

Can I put a 256GB memory card instead of 128GB?

because On the gsmarena website the description of SONY Z4 TABLET it has a memory card up to 256 GB

On the Sony website there is a description that the largest memory card carried by z4 tablet is 128GB

What happens if I put a 256GB memory card?PicsArt_10-01-02.45.43.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @Bugra2, welcome to our forum!

The supported size of an SD card for Xperia devices that is stated in specifications or white paper is the size where quality and performance can be guaranteed. It may however be possible to use larger SD cards, but in such cases quality and performance cannot be guaranteed.

I really doubt that there will be anything crazy going wrong if you mount a 256GB SD card in your tablet, but since I can't guarantee this, I can't say "it will work fine, go out and purchase one".

The best would of course be if you have a friend, colleague or family member that has a 256GB SD card and you can borrow it for a short while to try it out in your tablet, since at least here in the Nordics, it's not very easy to return a used SD card and get your money back. This may be possible where you are situated though.

I hope that helps a bit!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jonas
Master

Hi @Bugra2, welcome to our forum!

The supported size of an SD card for Xperia devices that is stated in specifications or white paper is the size where quality and performance can be guaranteed. It may however be possible to use larger SD cards, but in such cases quality and performance cannot be guaranteed.

I really doubt that there will be anything crazy going wrong if you mount a 256GB SD card in your tablet, but since I can't guarantee this, I can't say "it will work fine, go out and purchase one".

The best would of course be if you have a friend, colleague or family member that has a 256GB SD card and you can borrow it for a short while to try it out in your tablet, since at least here in the Nordics, it's not very easy to return a used SD card and get your money back. This may be possible where you are situated though.

I hope that helps a bit!